Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Potkin Method + Sleeping Baby

Ok, so last night Minya was a bit grumpy. She'd had a full day, and for some reason she's been going to bed really early the last couple of days. So the wife says, let's go for a drive. Music to my ears, dear listeners... music to my ears.

Now it isn't very often that I get the go ahead from my wife to "just drive," but there are few things that I am better at. I know I've been living in this neighborhood for 5 years, but there's this stretch of alleys West of Lac Long Quan that I keep getting lost in, so that is where I headed. Last time I went this way with my partner we got lost in a tropical downpour and arrived at our sales call absolutely soaked. So I need to know these alleys better.

Unfortunately in not more than 10 minutes Minya was already asleep. So I obviously am not going to get my alleys clear tonight. Then to complicate matters as I try to find the alternate route home I find myself in a dead end alley. Ok. Fine. So it is time to head home. Ready to turn back on to Au Co when I feel the clutch cable going. Ugh.

Happily I got really lucky. Yes, the clutch cable snapped, which leaves me driving the 8pm traffic on Au Co and Lac Long Quan Potkin style, but was actually able to drive all the way home (once I got going) without stopping. So we made it home with a broken clutch cable and the baby still sleeping. Top that Noah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home